[Blindmath] Math Type formulas in ppt files

Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 21:33:43 UTC 2010

Sarah

If your professor uses Math Type in Word he can export the Word
document as MathPage, which will be a .xht file (.xhtml). The trick
with MathPlayer is that it only works with Internet Explorer at
present (you may want to uninstall, and reinstall it, the current
version is 2.2 which has improvements over, e.g. 2.1D).
You should be able to emboss the Word document in braille with Nemeth,
at least with ViewPlus, and I think you should be able to do this with
Duxbury as well, I will inquie about it.
So, to recap:
Export math type equestions to a Word document.
Save the Word document as Math Page, both document text and Math Type
formulas are exported to a single .xht file that you can open in IE
with MathPlayer and should read just fine (of course this does not
solve the problem of graphs).
>From the same Word document (before it is exported as MathPage) you
should be able to emboss it using one of the pgorams above.
Give it a try and see if this works for you.
I hope MathPlayer will support Word nd/or PDF/Powerpoint in future, it
would do away with the extra step and simplify the process.
Thanks and good luck.
-Birkir