[Blindmath] QT RE: Software to produce tactile diagrams for Geometry?

Neal neal at duxsys.com
Fri Oct 29 11:24:09 UTC 2010

Hello Roni:

You may want to have the teacher try the free beta 4.0 version of QuickTac.
You can use the mouse to draw.  It is very simple to use.
You draw with the mouse.
It will do everything you mentioned except; it will not support variable
height graphics.  You can also put in raised text and braille labels into
the graphic.

It supports graphics on the fly for almost every braille embosser on the
market including Enabling embossers and Index embossers as well as others.

The graphic can be inserted into a DBT (Duxbury Braille Translator) file so
that when the braille is produced the graphic is already on the page, so no
further collation is required.

You can download it from:
http://www.tactileaudio.com/QuickTac-beta1.msi

more brief info at: