[Blindmath] Question on MathML accessibility with Kurzweil 3000

Tom Tillo tomtillo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 06:27:49 UTC 2010

Thanks Birkir and Paul .

K3000 v12 claims to read ML ( atleast thats what I saw in their official
literature ).
It has the , I quote,   "Ability to read MathML through a partnership with
Design Science, Inc"
It does have the FineReader engine in it , but not the OCR for math
characters, for which one has to depend on Infty Reader. ( Iam just trying
to see if I can make K3000  read pages which already have MathML embedded
into them ) - So far I have been unsuccessful , and I believe its something
tiny that Iam missing.

MathPlayer does read MathML but I use it in conjunction with a screen reader
to read the whole page. ( As far as I understand, Mathplayer only reads
anything between the <math> ... </math> tags . ) Am wondering if they have
exposed its APIs to be used by a developer, so that I could develop
something with eSpeak+ VB + mathPlayer APIs. ( To make something that can
read just webpages with MathML in it )

Any inputs are welcome .
Tom