[Blindmath] LaTeX

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Aug 16 19:40:16 UTC 2011

Hello,
Regarding BrlTeX, as the author of it, I have to say I feel that project
has very much reached retirement. From time to time I keep having a
feeling like may be I should revive it, however I keep feeling that may
be another approach might be more beneficial (eg. for translation may be
I should start from an XML based format such as docbook, epub or DAISY,
and at other times I wonder whether really a more interactive system
would be more desirable as we deal more with electronic documents from
the internet than static paper based documents).

Having used plastex for developing BrlTeX, it certainly is an
interesting package, and is a good starting point should you want to
develop a La~TeX to some other format convertor.

Michael Whapples