[Blindmath] First attempt at an SWT/SVG based drawing program

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Wed Aug 31 03:12:42 UTC 2011

The jvm shouldn't come into play until after you have finished downloading
the file and purposely execute it. If it hangs up during download, I doubt
that has anything to do with the jvm. You might try downloading with a
different browser and see if that helps.

However, I also doubt that it will be compatible with the MSJVM, but if you
have that installed as part of your browser, it also shouldn't come into
play if you make certain that the browser isn't running when you try to
execute the jar file.

I think that what you need is the JRE from Oracle. I don't think you should
need the JDK from Oracle, but I can't be certain because the JDK is
installed on every machine that I have access to. I think that all you
should need is a reasonably current version of the Oracle JRE.

If it were me, unless you have a specific need for the MSJVM, I would remove
it from my machine to prevent cross-contamination problems.

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/