[Blindmath] Accessibility testing of GAME2302 Mathematical Applications for Game Development

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Sat Dec 17 23:28:25 UTC 2011

For those who are willing to do accessibility testing on this material, I
can use whatever effort you are able to put into the task. My hope is that
several people will take a look at the material and identify accessibility
problems that I need to fix.

If you find that you will have some time to participate, here are some
instructions on how to proceed:

Go to http://www.access2science.com/rbg/ where you will find an online
index to the material.

Start with the link titled Math0100 and start working through the modules
in order looking for accessibility problems. Each time you find a problem,
please nail it down as closely as possible and send an email message to me
with the location and a description of the nature of the problem. Providing
the URL of the page on which the problem occurs would be very helpful.

When I have fixed, or think that I have fixed the problem, I will send an
email message so that you can go back and test the fix to see if it really
does fix the problem.

As you work through this material, you will be examining two collections of
material in parallel.

Collection #1
The items with links identified as "Mathxxxx" are documents that I have
written and am currently writing. As of today, I am working on Math1020,
which you won't find on the list yet because it isn't finished. As I finish
and publish each new module, I will send an email advising that it is ready
for testing.

Collection #2
The other collection of material that you will be examining in parallel is
a tutorial on "Vector Math for 3D Computer Graphics" by Kjell. This
tutorial was written some time back and forms the mathematical basis for
most of the material that I am writing. There are numerous accessibility
problems in the Kjell material. I am annotating the Kjell tutorial in an
attempt to make it accessible. Although all of the Kjell tutorial chapters
are currently available online, I have only annotated Chapters 0 through 5
so far, so you needn't go beyond Chapter 5 until I am able to annotate
additional chapters.

As I publish each new module identified as "Mathxxxx", I will place a
Reading Assignment along with a section titled "Supplemental material for
blind and VI students" near the beginning of the module. The text in those
sections will synchronize the two collections of material. For example, the
module identified as Math1020 will show the reading assignment as Chapter 6
in Kjell. When I publish Math1020, both Math1020 and Chapter 6 in Kjell
will be ready for accessibility testing.

Once again, thanks for your assistance. I look forward to hearing your
recommendations for improved accessibility.

By the way, just in case you are interested in knowing more about the
course, you will find links to the college material on the course at
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/.

Dick Baldwin

--
Richard G. Baldwin (Dick Baldwin)
Home of Baldwin's on-line Java Tutorials

Professor of Computer Information Technology
Austin Community College
(512) 223-4758
mailto:Baldwin at DickBaldwin.com
http://www.austincc.edu/baldwin/