[Blindmath] integration question

Ryan Thomas rlt56 at nau.edu
Tue Feb 1 05:01:49 UTC 2011

Dear Minh,

   I understand the frustration, but the rectangle and trapazoidal
approximation probably won't last long.  It's not a very large part of
integration at all.  If you have Matlab I would suggest you find a
program that does such a thing, but as I said this short section will
probably pass by the time you would get that figured out.
   As to sigma notation... it looks weird everywhere-in print, braille
or otherwise.  You can use the special symbols table in word to write
it out, but Jaws won't read a lot of Greek letters without some
adaptation.  What I do is simply write out greek letters in words such
as sigma, rho, tao etc.  In the Braillenote you're probably going to
be best off either writing the sigma notation out linearly (there are
symbols for that) or making up your own short hand notation that you
can understand.  Looking back on this email I don't feel it was very
helpful, but that's how I got through AP Calc so... good luck.

Sincerely,
   Ryan