[Blindmath] JAWS and Nemeth - Newbie question

Birkir Rúnar Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 15:36:16 UTC 2011

Jose

Thanks very much for tht offer, I will take you up on it *smiles*.
I realize, as Susan points out, the details of the text of the
petition need to be discussed, and this is not a simple problem. But I
like the interest and response on this list and hope we can get may be
40 or 50 signatures, which is enough to show screen reader vendors
there are people out there who seriously need something to be done
regarding access to mathematics.
Now that MathML is a core component of the new ePub3 standard for
eBooks and also of html5, in large parts thanks to guys like George
Kerscher, we need to do our part and make sure that if we get such
infomration in a book, that our assistive technology knows what to do
with it and lets us interact with it.
Whether we want the output as LaTeX text, speech, large print, Nemeth
refreshable Braille, UEB math, some other braille code, or a
combination, that is a matter of implementation once we have startd a
discussion.
I will look into this today or tomorrow and post details as I have
them, it's a busy weekend on the family front.
Cheers to all.
-B

On 2/20/11, Jose Tamayo <jtblas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I can take the job of contacting the vendors to supply them with the
> information!  Goodness would I love to do that!

>>> product." They have also told me that I am one of the few or only person