[Blindmath] What does "support braille math in a screenreader" mean technically?

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Mon Feb 21 02:02:49 UTC 2011

As a deaf-blind user and programmer, a completely tactile system is not
just a thought. It is a necessity. That is one reason I am working on
BrailleBlaster, which will produce braille math and also tactile
graphics. Part of this work is with liblouis and liblouisutdml. These
are C libraries and could be used in screenreaders to convert MathML
into various Braille mathematics codes.

John