[Blindmath] writing software using braille entry and JAWS

John Miller johnmillerphd at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 2 18:52:08 UTC 2011

Hello,
Could anyone comment on their success using a braille display with braille keyboard entry only for authoring software when using JAWS?
I prefer to use the program VI in cygwin. The immediate problem I have is entering escape with braille entry.
Although Freedom Scientific offers some braille keyboard options for control, windows, alt, and function keys, I do not believe that they have designed in braille equivalents for every key on the 101 QUERTY keyboard.
If they have done so and you know where to find such a list, please share.
Happy New Year!
best regards,
John