[Blindmath] Useful LaTeX packages: suggestions welcome for ICCHP summer university workshop

Jonathan Godfrey a.j.godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Wed Jul 6 21:49:59 UTC 2011

Hi Michael,

I find that I seldom use a package that I need to "learn". Usually I
find myself needing a single command that exists within a package if one
exists.

More common for me is the need to construct my own commands for
efficiency and effectiveness. I use the \newcommand and \newenvironment
commands in almost every document I am responsible for.

There are a standard list of packages I access (usually without thought)
at the start of all my documents. I use bibtex for references and often
need to create an index for the longer documents. Most users don't need
either for small documents like assignments but I would see bibtex as an
advanced topic worthy of mention.

Turning to my own needs, I will be seeking your guidance on converting
my work into quality html, but that might be outside the workshop as it
is probably not a topic for the attending students.

Cheers,
Jonathan