[Blindmath] Students should know their legal rights!

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jul 17 04:53:18 UTC 2011

susan,

These kids at the Youth Slam are generally high school and maybe even junior high students.  Much of what you say
about the law still applies, but the landscape gets more complicated.  Some school districts can simply be royal pains,
while others try but just don't have the resources.  Some see the answer to be using large print when the student
should be using braille or at least both modes of reading so they side step some of the difficulties that way.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson