[Blindmath] Translating documents with MathML into Nemeth (CORRECTION)

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Mon Jul 18 19:33:23 UTC 2011

MathPlayer only translates the math islands.  That will lead to some
strangeness/problems, but hopefully the problems will be minimal and not
disruptive.  If you can get the screen readers to support Nemeth, I'll have
to bow and kiss your shoes as your powers greatly exceed mine :-)

MathPlayer does pass along in its interface to liblouis whether an equation
is an inline or display equation, but I don't remember whether liblouis does
something different for those cases.  I don't believe liblouis is very good
with 2d display/alignment at the moment.  John Boyer is very proactive about
fixing bugs in liblouis, so if people start using it, it will get better
quickly.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~