[Blindmath] MyMathLab

Stephen L Noble steve.noble at louisville.edu
Wed Jun 1 13:14:21 UTC 2011

Hi Kevin,

The folks that create MyMathLab have been aware of the product's
accessibility issues for many years. They claim to be working on making
various components of the system more accessible, but as far as I know
the total package is not complete as something a blind student could use
independently. Frankly, I think the recent FAQ released by the US
Department of Education makes it pretty clear that schools should not be
using products like MyMathLab if they are not accessible. Here is the
contact information for the person at Pearson who is responsible for
MyMathLab. I suggest you (or the school) contact them for further
discussion:
***
Becky Anderson
Executive Marketing Manager, Mathematics
Pearson Higher Education
becky.anderson at pearson.com
phone: 207-470-7372
***

I hope this helps.

--Steve Noble

>>> Kevin Chao <kevinchao89 at gmail.com> 6/1/2011 8:09 AM >>>
Has anyone used  MyMathLab in a a college mathcourse?

If so, please detail the JAWS accessibility of it,

I'm told there are issues with free-form edit field, reading textbook,
and other parts of MyMathLab.

In Fall,I'll be taking a college math course, who will use/depend on my
MyMathLab.

Sent from my iPhone