[Blindmath] Suggestions or settings for InftyReader use

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 17:24:16 UTC 2011

Neal,

I would agree with what Alastair has said, but add a few more things.

Firstly, if the book you intend to read has been published in the 21st century, I would encourage you to buy its ebook version either directly from the publisher, or from an online store.
That's because ebooks give great results with InftyReader as compared to scanned books.
Math is nearly perfect and the language errors are consistent so that you can replace the wrong word/ phrase with the right one throughout the file.

Another thing to keep in mind is if you are recognizing a book with relatively simple math expressions, use "Highschool Math" or similarly worded option.
This way, InftyReader will not insert gammas and thetas if your book is not likely to have those symbols in the first place.

I might end up writing a tutorial for InftyReader based on my experiences one of these days and put it up on access2science.

Regards

Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad