[Blindmath] Compatibility of IE 9 with MathPlayer

Neil Soiffer NeilS at dessci.com
Mon Mar 21 19:10:10 UTC 2011

We are (and have been since the fall) working on new release of MathPlayer
that will work with IE9. We've had to introduce some new technology to make
MathPlayer work with IE and we worked with the IE team to come up with
workarounds to the problems IE9 created.  We hope to release the new version
of MathPlayer near the end of April.  Until then, I would advise against
downloading IE9 if you use MathPlayer.

This new version of MathPlayer has several new features including the
ability to generate different "styles" of speech, support for multiple
languages, and enhanced compatibility with MathJax (mathjax.org).  I have
blogged about MathPlayer 3 at accessiblemath.dessci.com and will be talking
about it more in the next few weeks.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~