[Blindmath] STEM Accessibility

Kevin Chao kevinchao89 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 15:23:20 UTC 2011

As a student who is blind	 majoring in computer science. I'm very
interested and facinated in subject of STEM. A challenge, which I've
seen in college, and am still having issues in resolving is:
What's recommended, advocated, and utilized when it comes to STEM access?
In particular, producing and consuming textbooks, exams, handouts, and
other course material.

I would like to know what allows most independence, efficiency, and
equal access to STEM.

This would involve many areas, including: mathematical symbology,
formulas, graphics; scientific notations, formulas, and graphics; and
same for areas of technology and engineering.

Thanks,

Kevin