[Blindmath] convert word document for reading whith mathplayer

Birkir R. Gunnarsson birkir.gunnarsson at gmail.com
Mon May 2 18:56:14 UTC 2011

Hi

Not sure, one thing that sometimes prevents the reading of math in
.xht file is a local security setting that prevents MathPlayer from
running in a local webpage. There is a tech bulleting on
www.dessci.com about this, you have to allow add-ins to run in the
local security zone or from a CD in order to allow MathPlayer to read
the equations in the document. Therefore, if you are blind, you may
think the equations are still a graphic because they are not read.
Try Googling something like MathPlayer problems local files, or
something like that, or someone else will give you more precise
insturctions, I am very busy with other things till tomorrow, but I
can give you better directions to check for this then.
Of course this might not be the solution, but it is the only thing I
can think of that might be preventing you from reading the  equations
with MathPlayer at this point.
Thanks
-Birkir

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/kperry%40blinksof