[Blindmath] Accessible Physics Concepts for Blind Students and My Take on Accessible Online Math Resources

Roopakshi Pathania r_akshi_tgk at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 18:00:42 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I just wanted to add that I'm gathering information on sites with math content in MathML. The repository is suppose to appear on Access2Science (I have taken a lot of time to finish this).
http://www.access2science.com/

I might also build a repository of sites with LaTeX alt tags, but only if people ask me to on or off-list.
That's because I have been one of the few who not only uses LaTeX for reading and writing math, but also has the strength to defend this way of surviving in a STEM field.
I however have no interest in guiding people towards LaTeX if there is little to no interest for this.

Coming back to the original point of this mail, here is a Physics course specially written for blind students on one of the site's that I'm writing about.
I thought that many of you would be interested in it.
http://cnx.org/content/col11294/latest/

The site has too many headings, and using ARIA landmarks would have been better.
You need to locate the Navigation heading to reach the table of content for the course.

Regards

Sent from my Lenovo ThinkPad