[Blindmath] accessible online math resources

Gaylen Kapperman gkapperman at niu.edu
Thu May 12 15:15:01 UTC 2011

Go to
                 www.tsbvi.edu
and go to the link to resources and click on that and then go to the
link for math and then go to the link for Project Math Access and in
that area, you will find a large piece that I have written on math
and you can find a portion of that  on spoken math and that describes
what all of the major symbols look like as well as how they are
spoken and  how they are written in the Nemeth Code...that was done
specifically for this situation  in which blind folks studying math
need to engage the services of a sighted reader who does not
know  mathematics well at all.
Good luck.
Gaylen Kapperman
Northern Illinois University