[Blindmath] Design Science gets grant to work on math accessibility

John Gardner john.gardner at orst.edu
Tue May 24 23:44:20 UTC 2011

Great news Neil!
John

-----Original Message-----
From: blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Neil Soiffer
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 2:13 PM
To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Subject: [Blindmath] Design Science gets grant to work on math accessibility

I'm very excited to announce that Design Science, along with Educational
Testing Service (ETS), received a three year U.S. Department of Education
grant to work on math accessibility at the middle school level.  Much of
what we do will apply well beyond middle school and should end up in our
products for general use.

More information can be found at
http://www.dessci.com/en/company/press/releases/110524.htm

The grant will enable me and others at Design Science to spend more time on
adding accessibility features to our products.  I look forward to getting
ideas and suggestions from this group about the topics the grant covers once
the grant gets underway.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~