[Blindmath] the unit circle - SVGDraw01

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Tue Nov 1 16:22:06 UTC 2011

John Gardner has pointed that since you can copy and paste into the text
field for Text to be displayed in the drawing, you can create special
symbols in another program such as MS Word and paste them into that text
field. I just confirmed that I can create a square root symbol in my old MS
Word 2003 program, copy it to the clipboard, paste it into the SVGDraw01
text box for Text, and draw it. Presumably I could also do this for any of
the other special symbols that are available as well.

There may also be other ways to enter the symbol into the text field for
Text, but right now I don't know what they are. For example, in MS Word,
you can enter special symbols by selecting them from a menu or typing the
character code in a particular format.

If anyone knows how to do that for an SWT text field, please post
instructions.

So, the answer is, yes, you can draw a square root symbol on a drawing
using SVGDraw01.

Dick Baldwin