[Blindmath] Concise form for: fraction one over two plus three endFraction

J.Fine j.fine at open.ac.uk
Wed Nov 9 11:00:17 UTC 2011

Hi Ken

I'm wanting to choose the wrapper depending on the content.  I expect experienced users will want frac one two rather than fraction one over two endFraction.  But what about fractions where just one of numerator and denominator are simple expressions.  So my concise rules would not apply to your example fraction 3x^2+x+9 over 8x^3+x-2 end fraction.

My question is, for this specific case, which do you prefer: frac 1 begin x plus 2 end, or fraction 1 over x plus two endFraction.

I hope that from enough specific cases I can construct (and implement) general rules that work fairly well.  I do want to get the aspect of my project right.

Best regards

Jonathan