[Blindmath] Accessible display format for matrices

Sina Bahram sbahram at nc.rr.com
Tue Nov 15 17:28:38 UTC 2011

I feel that this assumption might not hold up very well in practice.

For that single line, it's alright, as you're below a threshold of 7 or so chunks, namely: 3, bar, 9, bar, and 8; however, if you're
thinking of 3x3 matrices, then I think that there's going to be some serious cognitive load issues to work out.

Furthermore, the bar symbol is not very useful and actually takes up a chunk in the audio domain.

For example, this is just as helpful: 3, 9, 8, and uses much less working memory to parse, and therefore understand, and possibly
even keep in short-term buffers while one goes to the next line.

Just a two cents worth.

Take care,
Sina