[Blindmath] to read laTex

Ben Humphreys brh at opticinspiration.org
Mon Nov 28 14:07:07 UTC 2011

Same experience here converting Mathtype to Latex.  Reminds me of the
obfuscated and boilerplate HTML created when converting a Word
document to HTML vs writing HTML by hand.

Ideally, Mathtype would recursively simplify their Latex conversion
before presenting to the end-user.

I have in fact written such a Perl script to do this for Mathtype to
Latex conversions produced by my own Math professor.  But the pattern
matching gets pretty difficult when extraneous curly braces are
inserted here and there.  One almost needs a gramatical parser to
simplify the expressions and THEN do a translation.

Ben