[Blindmath] Question about Minitab

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Oct 24 20:03:46 UTC 2011

Hello,
I recently asked a similar question as I will have to use minitab for a course I am taking. You could look back through the archives for what was said on that. As my memory goes previous versions have been usable but the current one is not great.

After speaking with the course organisers and disability support people for my course I was advised to forget about minitab and just use excel. The course staff admitted in my case for this course the choice to use minitab is not really needed and that if they were starting again they probably wouldn't choose minitab for the course. Most of what I will be doing is basic statistics, they said the only part where I might have issues with excel is for SPC.

I don't know if your course would allow such a view to be taken. I hope what I have described above being decided for me and my course, will help you form a sort of view whether it is appropriate for you.

Michael whapples