[Blindmath] Announcing SVGExplore01 from the creator ofSVGDraw01

Amanda Lacy lacy925 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 23:15:59 UTC 2011

Michael, What is an audio scope?

Amanda
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Whapples" <mwhapples at aim.com>
To: "Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics"
<blindmath at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2011 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Announcing SVGExplore01 from the creator
ofSVGDraw01

This sounds interesting, I will have to try it out. Also I have a few
comments which I have put in your message below, some of them said a little
tongue in cheek although they may have a bit of a serious point behind them.

Please also keep in mind this is comments from your description.

Michael Whapples
On 28 Oct 2011, at 18:45, Richard Baldwin wrote:
> […]
>
> My hope is that this will provide an economical "quick look" alternative
> the use of fully embossed drawings for the purpose of allowing the user to
> form a mental image of the shapes in the drawing.
> I also hope this will be true. Sometimes you know what you have done to a
> diagram, you want to check it is about right but may not want to emboss it
> at that point as you may still have a bit more editing to do before it is
> "final". It will be a good way to get a general overview.
[…]
> This is a mouse version of the program
>
> A fully operational touchpad version of the program is still in
> development.
> I am providing a mouse version at this time to allow potential users of
> the
> program to get a taste of how it works. I am hopeful that those users will
> try it out and provide feedback and suggestions for improvement.
> I am glad that you recognise some of the limitations of the mouse for
> this, good to see a touchpad being considered for the final one.
>
> […]
> Grasp the mouse in your right hand with your thumb touching the upper-left
> corner of the grid. Try to hold the mouse so that the front-to-back axis
> of
> the mouse is parallel to the left edge of the grid.
> You right handed bigot, what about us left handed people :-(. May be a top
> right corner calibration option would be good as well. OK, don't know if
> that is needed, could it all work fine with a left hand on the mouse and
> so calibration being to the right side of the mouse?

Also any tips on how to ensure alignment of the mouse axis? I could imagine
some of the weird and wacky ergonomic mouse designs with curves and such all
over may make the task harder.

[…]