[Blindmath] Doing Calculus Exam

Duong Tuan Nam tuannamduong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 06:29:16 UTC 2012

Dear all,
Tim, Your guess is right. I'm from Vietnam.
I am a freshman at computer science in Ho Chi Minh International University.
My school has two programs of study, one is 4 years in Vietnam, and the
other is attendance the first two years in Vietnam and then study in another
university which links with my school. In the US, there are Illinois,
Rutgers, Houston which link to my school. I am currently atending in the
first program, 4 year in Vietnam.
I do want to study in the US. However, to family, the course for study in
the US is quite expensive. So I will soon try to search a scholarship at
those universities linking with my school.
How do you ordinarily do your mathematical assignments?
I've done some assignments and use text editor, but it need a long time to
finish. However, my professor seems not hard to check students' homework.
Most of my friends do their assignments by writing solusion on
book. And it's still ok. My homework has not been corrected as well.
How do your professors produce exams?
in physics, my professor use Microsoft Equation to do it. In Dcalculus is
maybe the same way. But I am not sure for this.
I am using Jaws 12. I don't know what benefits of Braille display when we
have
screen reader? Can you explain me?

Ryan, now I don't have Braille text book at all. I ask my friends and my
siblings read the lectures of my professors' (in Power Point or PDF) when
they have freetime. And I find it is not enough for me to study, because
they don't have much freetime to help me. And the Alecture is the summary of
the text book. My school study calculus in James Stewart - Calculus 5th
Edition.

I think the big chance is I won't pass the two subjects this time but I try
with the lack of many things. It's nearly the midterm exam.

Nam