[Blindmath] A general thought...

Bente Casile bente at casilenc.com
Sat Apr 14 22:47:58 UTC 2012

I am very happy to hear that more people are becoming concerned about this.
As a math educator, I am constantly frustrated by the lack of accessible
materials for blind students!  Unfortunately, until schools commit to buying
only accessible materials and systems there is not much push to make them.
I, for one, have knocked into that brick wall at my school.  I will continue
to do what I can and if anyone needs someone to try things from a user
prospective, I and several of my students would be happy to try things and
give input. I am not a programmer/software engineer so that and continuing
to be a "cheerleader" for math accessibility is all I can offer.

Bente Casile