[Blindmath] Crazy question about Braille 'writing'

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 22 17:34:56 UTC 2012

Ryan,

There are quite a few refreshable braille displays with braille
keyboards included these days. Is that what you are talking about?

I'm like you. I would rather have the capability to type in braille as I
work instead of going from my computer qwerty keyboard to the different
notation I read with my fingers. Especially for complicated stuff like
programming and proofing and for math and science. I don't have that
currently, and I can manage, but when I start adding to my assistive
tech toolkit some more, I definitely plan to have the built in braille
keyboard for the display. Well, also, a lot of the new bells and
whistles displays -- and even some of the more basic -- refreshable
displays also have some independent capacity  so that you can just use
the battery and the braille keys to work away from the computer. Yay! No
need to have a separate super expensive note take for when you are on
the go!

Or are you talking about a math symbol specific keyboard? I'm not awake
enough to grasp that concept, or maybe I'm just too ignorant about the
ins and outs to have anything to add. /smile/

Tami