[Blindmath] Signal processing materials

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Fri Dec 7 14:09:11 UTC 2012

I think I remember that you are in Brazil.  I don't know how you can get Learning Ally materials.  The first three books on Ken Perry's list are classics in digital signal processing, and heavy on math, as they need to be.  Other books and courses on advanced calculus would cover Fourier transforms, which would be important in image processing.  I haven't been looking for online sources on DSP, but I would think there may be more than you have found, including application notes from DSP chip manufacturers such as Texas Instruments and Analog Devices.

Perhaps your college library can get you access to materials published by IEEE.  IEEE's Signal Processing Society has a monthly Signal Processing Magazine which includes tutorials on various subjects, starting from a somewhat lower level of knowledge than that which is assumed by the authors of the scientific papers which they publish in several "transactions" journals.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.