[Blindmath] graphics

Emanuela Ughi emanuela.ughi at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 21:41:45 UTC 2012

The answer is not immediate, since it depends on the size of a single pixel
on the screen, but this is not an universal size, but it depends on the
resolution of the screen.

For example, if your screen resolution is 1024x768, this means your screen
is currently using 1024 x 768 = 786432 pixels to draw the current view – so
you need to know the screen resolution, to have the size of current view ,
and to deduce   the size of the corresponding pixel from this information
(and, be careful, the pixel is not a square, but it is a rectangle).

Using Paint, if you have an image, you can switch between size in pixels
and in centimeters, and compare them. I am sorry, I don't know the English
commands to reach this possibility, in Italian the path is
Immagine>Attributi=(CTRL+E)

Also, I found a useful address, but I have no idea if it is blind friendly:
http://tiporama.com/tools/pixels_inches.html

Emanuela

--
Emanuela Ughi
Dipartimento di Matematica e Informatica