[Blindmath] Question on keyboard control of an SWT Scale object

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 18:57:57 UTC 2012

Hello again Dick and everyone,

    Once the slider issue is resolved perhaps you could add "Preset Options"
a blind or sighted user could set for different embossers. When the user
finds a desirable setting they could be asked if they wish to create a
preset for this option. If they answer "Yes" they could then be prompted to
name the preset. Depending on the images to be embossed and the embosser
type they could either use the slider or scroll their presets to select the
one for their particular embosser. If I were to emboss an image with my
Index Basic D for example once I've found the values that produce the best
results using the slider I could create a preset called "Index Basic D." If
I need to emboss an image using this embosser I would simply select "Index
Basic D" from the list of embosser presets I've configured and produce the
tactile image. . Likewise should I use a Tiger Embosser to produce a Braille
graphic I would need only select "Tiger Embosser" from the list of presets
and emboss the image.

    And let's not forget to add the ability to share embosser presets with
others to make it possible for someone to use an embosser preset created by
another user to Braille their project images. Keep up the great work.

Peter Donahue