[Blindmath] "Visualizing" with pipe cleaners

Ben Humphreys brh at opticinspiration.org
Sun Jan 1 21:43:16 UTC 2012

I think I read somewhere that a blind person can use pipe cleaners to
construct graphical images.

I would like to use them or something like them to visualize and
experiment with a floor plan I am envisioning for my new home.

but rather than gluing them in place, I'd like to be able to move
them aroun and have them stick down temporarily.  What kind of
surface should I use?  I'm envisioning a surface like a 24" by 36" posterboard.

Are there better materials for what I'm envisioning?

Thanks,

Ben