[Blindmath] How useful is a GUI to blind users?

Richard Baldwin baldwin at dickbaldwin.com
Sat Jan 7 19:55:11 UTC 2012

I'm not familiar with wx. However, as I stated in an earlier post, each of
us have our strong suites when it comes to programming environments. When
programming for free on my own time, I prefer to use the programming
environment in which I am most efficient.

While I do program in C++, C#, and Python when when the need arises, I am
most familiar with Java.  Having to switch from a familiar programming
environment to one that is less familiar significantly degrades my ability
to quickly and efficiently produce good programs.

For example, Java and C# are very similar programming languages. Often the
names of events, variables, and methods in the class libraries are the
same, but with different upper and lower case usage. (After all, Microsoft
had to do something to distinguish C# from Java.) Even with the
similarities between the two languages, I can write the same program much
more quickly in Java than in C# because I spend so much time in the C#
documentation dealing with spelling and capitalization issues.

Thanks for the feedback.
Dick Baldwin