[Blindmath] Is the PDF format acceptable as an assistive technology

John J. Boyer john.boyer at abilitiessoft.com
Sun Jan 29 22:33:02 UTC 2012

I would strongly recommend the "ZedAI" format developed by the DAISY
consortium. It is a zipped archive containing formatting files, an xml
file with the text and links to images, theimages themselves, and audio
files if desierd. We are using this format in BrailleBlaster. I've also
studied the epub format and concluded that the DAISY format is better.

pdf is the worst format that is generally used, IMHO.

John