[Blindmath] entering college student who wants to major inphysics

Daniel danielgillen at rcn.com
Mon Jul 2 15:45:33 UTC 2012

Thank you, Lauren.  I have heard about Scientific Notebook, but
my main goal is for me to be able to receive a math worksheet
written in a mainstream format (such as Microsoft Word) and bring
it into Duxbury without sighted assistance.  I know, since I will
be taking at least one class with math material in it (a calculus
class and a physics class most likely in the same semester), I
will have to process these sheets in an efficient manner.  My
vision teacher has said that Scientific Notebook is easier to use
in providing worksheets to a student rather than the student
processing the worksheet for himself/herself.

In the meantime, though, I am still learning more about MathType
as it is the program which I requested from the New York State
Commission for the Blind for use in college.

Thanks again,
Daniel