[Blindmath] Used Braille College Text Books

Neal neal at duxsys.com
Wed Jun 20 13:48:18 UTC 2012

I must correct, what I believe, is a misstatement of fact.

Duxbury Systems invests a lot in  continuing development on the math braille
front as Duxbury Systems works very closely with user and
groups of users in multiple countries to constantly improve and refine our
math braille quality.
We have made great strides in the last two years in the continuation of over
twenty years supporting math braille translation.
I cannot comment on the quality of braille translation in products other
than DBT WIN and Mega Dots.
Those two products produce excellent braille math.
Those two products support virtually every braille printer around as well as
embedded tactile graphics in your braille document,
If your embosser supports tactile graphics on the fly..

DBT WIN version 11.1 sr4 does a very good job of translating math to braille
in Nemeth, UEB, BAUK, and unified French braille math codes.
You can also combine your selected braille math code with your language of
choice.  That is how it is being used in India to create Hindi braille with
Nemeth.
It is used successfully in many nations around the world for braille math
production at the elementary, high school, college, and university level.

Duxbury systems has worked with Design Science and Mackichan Software to
constantly improve the quality of braille translation and improve the
ability to utilize inexpensive main stream math tools such as Math Type &
Scientific Notebook as well as specialized products such as INFTY READER

Sincerely,
Neal Kuniansky
Email: Neal at duxsys.com
Duxbury Systems, Inc.