[Blindmath] Understanding how to draw 3D objects

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Mar 23 08:37:37 UTC 2012

Now you point this out, I think I understand why its not strictly an elipse.

As my question mainly focuses on how one goes from an internal image of what
they want to draw to actually putting it down in elements one can use in
LaTeX (or may be other drawing systems), I start to think, is there standard
ways of drawing a number of 3D shapes? As an example your description of how
you drew the torus mathematically correctly might be the pattern for drawing
a torus. If there are a set of patterns for drawing certain 3D shapes, is
there somewhere hich lists this stuff?

This puts me in mind of design patterns in computer programming. Such a set
of patterns for drawing might do what I set out to find out by asking the
initial question.

Michael Whapples