[Blindmath] Math equations

Ruchi Patil ruchi_patil at samruddha.net
Tue Sep 11 06:31:38 UTC 2012

Dear Neil,

I received your mail about some product coming out in the near future for
kids. Just to remind you, my son is 9 year old and uses marvel math and
hentermath right now and am worried for the future.

Just to make myself clear.
1. Math type is an equation editor to enter math equations
2. Mathml is the markup language to write on the web, that can be read
3. Latex is a programming language.
4. Math jab I did not get enough info

What I need to understand is?
1. Anything that helps kids enter math in word?
2. These equations read by screen readers?

I think you said, there is some product coming out to do the above mentioned
stuff. Also, read about some project design science is doing with ets for
the same.

Are there any applications being developed to help visually impaired kids do
middle and  high school geometry applications Independently. I am more than
willing to support any such project happening anywhere in the world.

Will be happy to hear from you.

Warm regards,
Ruchi