[Blindmath] Advice on PHD application wanted and peer reviewing my paper please

Dónal Fitzpatrick dfitzpat at computing.dcu.ie
Tue Aug 27 12:56:25 UTC 2013

Hello Stacey,

My name (as you will have see from the header on this mail) is Dónal Fitzpatrick and I'm a blind academic based in the Republic of Ireland.  My own research is in the domain of mathematics accessibility.

I'd be more than happy to chat with you off-list about taking your idea forward, and I'd also be delighted to help in reviewing the paper.  My email address is in the "from " field (of course) but for your convenience it is:

dfitzpat(at)computing.dcu.ie

Best wishes,

Dónal
On 27 Aug 2013, at 12:09, Stacy Rowe <srowe at sightsavers.org> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been studying the teaching of Mathematics and numeracy to children (aged 18 years or younger) who are blind and reside in low income environments. The research I have conducted thus far has yielded significant and shocking results. I would love to take my current findings and passion and turn it into a fully developed PHD subject. I would preferably like to be based in the UK for the majority of the PHD and wondered if anybody had any advice on how I might proceed in turning my current research/hypothesis into a PHD proposal? Any help at all in this area would be very much appreciated.
>
> Also, I wondered if I could have a situational analysis paper I have recently written peer reviewed and if anybody had any advice on this also?
>
> Very many thanks in advance for any help you could offer.
>
> Stacy
>

> This e-mail may contain confidential information and/or copyright material. It is intended for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or disclose the information in any way and notify me immediately. The contents of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of Sightsavers, unless specifically stated. Royal Commonwealth Society for the Blind. Incorporated under Royal Charter. Registered charity number: 207544 (England and Wales). Charity Registered in Scotland number: SC038110 Registered office: Grosvenor Hall, Bolnore Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 4BX, England. Contact number: +44(0)1444 446600

Dr. Dónal Fitzpatrick,
School of Computing,
Dublin City University,
Glasnevin,
Dublin 9, Ireland
Tel. +353-(0)1-700-8929
fax: +353-(0)1-700-5442
email: dfitzpat (at) computing.dcu.ie

Email Disclaimer
"This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Any unauthorised dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the message. Any views or opinions presented in this e-mail may solely be the views of the author and cannot be relied upon as being those of Dublin City University. E-mail communications such as this cannot be guaranteed to be virus-free, timely, secure or error-free and Dublin City University does not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail."