[Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper

Susan Osterhaus osterhauss at tsbvi.edu
Mon Dec 2 04:55:02 UTC 2013


The geometric shapes from Geometro (available from Canada or the American
Printing House for the Blind on federal quota funds) can be used to make
such nets, which when folded form various three-dimensional shapes such as
were mentioned before - tetrahedron, cube, octahedron, dodecahedron,
icosahedron, and many many more. These are of universal design and can be
enjoyed with or without sight.

There is also a set of 25 nicely sized plastic geometric models available
from the following sources:
http://www.enasco.com/product/TB14574T?sku=TB14574T&userZIPCODE=75662
http://www.assessmentservices-edu.com/plastic-geometric-models.aspx
http://www.didax.com/shop/productdetails.cfm/ItemNo/5-361.cfm
This set is imported from the UK and contains some very hard to obtain
shapes such as an oblique cylinder (ever try to explain the leaning tower
of Pizza?).

Susan

-----Original Message-----
From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
sabra1023
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 9:52 PM
To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Cc: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper

A sighted person can cut out what is called a net out of cardboard. This
is what the three-dimensional shape would look like if unfolded and laid
on a flat surface. Then they can fold it up and tape or staple the sides
together. They can do this with the student as well to show them how the
one dimensional shape tenfold into the three-dimensional shape. Even if
they don't fully understand, the exposure might be good. You could also do
this with thin foam. The only thing it wouldn't work for is a spear, and
you could just use a ball for that.

> On Dec 1, 2013, at 3:45 PM, "Andy B." <sonfire11 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Too small... Especially with students with spacial problems. Something
> the size of fuzzy winshield dice would work.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of I. C.
> Bray
> Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2013 2:56 PM
> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
>
> OK, this is old-school, and will suprise most all of you, but:
>
> Find a comic-book store, or Role Playing Website.
> Order a Full Set of DICE.
> That set will contain:
> 1 4-sided die  tetrahedron
> 1 6-sided die cube or hexahedron
> 1 8-sided die octahedron
> 2 10-sided die Not needed but are PRISMS
> 1 12-sided die dodecahedron
> 1 20-sided die  icosahedron
>
> You can even find them without numbers on them or "plain".
> Ian
>
> dodecahedron
>
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Andy B." <sonfire11 at gmail.com>
> To: "'Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics'"
> <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2013 6:13 AM
> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
>
>
> : Rubix cube, stress ball, and I don't know what would work for the
> : octagon.....
> :
> : -----Original Message-----
> : From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of I.
C.
> : Bray
> : Sent: Sunday, December 1, 2013 1:30 AM
> : To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> : Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> :
> : I would suggest starting with a cube, and octahedron, and a sphere...
> : they're easilly recognizable...
> :
> :
> :
> :
> : ----- Original Message -----
> : From: "Andy B." <sonfire11 at gmail.com>
> : To: "'Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics'"
> : <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> : Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 3:14 PM
> : Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> :
> :
> :: Do you think it would help in a geometry section of a college
> algebra
> : class?
> :: I wish I could see something like this that was made with a 3d
printer.
> : Any
> :: ideas on how to get my hands on some shapes?
> ::
> ::
> ::
> :: -----Original Message-----
> :: From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
> Amanda
> :: Lacy
> :: Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 2:50 PM
> :: To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> ::
> :: Pretty well, actually. I'm not quite finished with calculus III,
> but the
> :: shapes were very useful for understanding concepts like traces.
> They were
> :: very well done - you could actually feel the traces. Maybe the
> student
> : could
> :: get some of these made?
> :: ----- Original Message -----
> :: From: "Andy B." <sonfire11 at gmail.com>
> :: To: "'Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics'"
> :: <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 1:38 PM
> :: Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> ::
> ::
> :: > How well did this turn out?
> :: >
> :: >
> :: > -----Original Message-----
> :: > From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: > Amanda Lacy
> :: > Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 2:36 PM
> :: > To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: > Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> :: >
> :: > I have some hypercool 3D calculus shapes representing functions
> with
> :: > two independent variables which were produced on a 3D Printer.
> :: > ----- Original Message -----
> :: > From: "sabra1023" <sabra1023 at gmail.com>
> :: > To: "Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics"
> :: > <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: > Cc: <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: > Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:21 AM
> :: > Subject: Re: [Blindmath] APH answer to 3d graphing paper
> :: >
> :: >
> :: >>I think you mean that the information can't adequately be
> represented
> :: >>into dimensional form. It can be represented tactilely as long as
> it's
> :: >>in three dimensions. I don't know if this information can be put
> on a
> :: >>3-D coordinate grid, or how helpful it would be, if I were doing
> it, I
> :: >>would want a 3-D shape of the function, with a table of important
> :: > coordinates.
> :: >>
> :: >>> On Nov 22, 2013, at 10:00 AM, "Mary Woodyard"
> :: >>> <marywoodyard at comcast.net>
> :: >>> wrote:
> :: >>>
> :: >>> FYI - I sent this same question to APH and this is the response
> I got.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> "We do not have any 3-D graph paper as shown in your example at
> APH,
> :: >>> nor am I aware that it is available anywhere else. Technically
> :: >>> speaking, 3-D graphing may be OK for low vision students but
> not
> :: >>> appropriate for braille readers because depth information is
> not
> :: >>> possible to be represented in tactile graphics."
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I am going to just hope for the best and be glad it's a short
unit!
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> blindmath-request at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 7:00 AM
> :: >>> To: blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> Subject: Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 13
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Send Blindmath mailing list submissions to
> :: >>>    blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> :: >>>    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> :: >>>    blindmath-request at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> You can reach the person managing the list at
> :: >>>    blindmath-owner at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> specific
> :: >>> than
> :: >>> "Re: Contents of Blindmath digest..."
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Today's Topics:
> :: >>>
> :: >>>   1. suggestions for accessible 3d graphing paper giids (Mary
> : Woodyard)
> :: >>>   2. Re: suggestions for accessible 3d graphing paper giids
> :: >>>      (Lewicki, Maureen)
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> :: >>> -
> :: >>> -
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 1
> :: >>> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:58:41 -0500
> :: >>> From: "Mary Woodyard" <marywoodyard at comcast.net>
> :: >>> To: <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Subject: [Blindmath] suggestions for accessible 3d graphing paper
> :: >>>    giids
> :: >>> Message-ID: <00ae01cee771$ce493cf0$6adbb6d0$@comcast.net>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> :: >>>
> :: >>> My son will be starting a 3d graphing unit that is fairly short
> (2
> :: >>> weeks) in about a week.  He spent some time searching online
> with
> :: >>> his Math tutor for 3d Graphing paper and this is the graph
> paper
> :: >>> that they found that worked the best for his vision from what
> they
> :: >>> were able to find in free 3d graph paper options.  Does anyone
> know
> :: >>> of a more accessible free (or low cost) option?
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Thanks,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Mary Woodyard
> :: >>> Parent, 17 year old visually impaired student
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> blindmath-request at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:00 AM
> :: >>> To: blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> Subject: Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 12
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Send Blindmath mailing list submissions to
> :: >>>    blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> :: >>>    http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> :: >>>    blindmath-request at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> You can reach the person managing the list at
> :: >>>    blindmath-owner at nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> specific
> :: >>> than
> :: >>> "Re: Contents of Blindmath digest..."
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Today's Topics:
> :: >>>
> :: >>>   1. Re: Latex training (John Gardner)
> :: >>>   2. A project to advance MathML support in browsers (Andrew
Stacey)
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> :: >>> -
> :: >>> -
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 1
> :: >>> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:21:50 -0800
> :: >>> From: "John Gardner" <gardnerj at onid.orst.edu>
> :: >>> To: "'Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics'"
> :: >>>    <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>> Message-ID: <00cd01cee671$334eac90$99ec05b0$@orst.edu>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="us-ascii"
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Another suggestion.  There's lots of Latex materials on
> :: >>> www.access2science.com
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> Godfrey, Jonathan
> :: >>> Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:42 PM
> :: >>> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: >>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Hi Paul,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I haven't got access to the net with sufficient time to find
> the
> :: >>> exact link for you but look for the Summery University held in
> :: >>> conjunction with the ICCHP. Sessions were recorded from 2010
onwards.
> :: >>> I'm not sure if the 2013 ones are uploaded yet but the files
> :: >>> mentioned should all be there for reference purposes.
> :: >>> J
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> Paul Chapin
> :: >>> Sent: Thursday, 21 November 2013 8:51 a.m.
> :: >>> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: >>> Subject: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Hi,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I'm looking for suggestions for material, courses, tutorials or
> :: >>> anything else that can be used to teach a student the basics of
> Latex.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Paul Chapin
> :: >>> Academic Technology Specialist
> :: >>> Amherst College
> :: >>> X2144
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Amherst College IT staff will never ask for your password,
> including
> :: >>> by email. Any email asking for any password or username is
> almost
> :: >>> certainly bogus. Never click on a link in an email to a site
> that
> :: >>> requires a login as the link may be bogus. Type in the address
> :: >>> yourself. Please keep your passwords private to protect
> yourself and
> :: >>> the security of our network.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> :: >
> ::
> :
>
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/a.j.godfrey%40masse
y.
> :: >>> ac.nz
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/john.gardner%
> :: >>> 4
> :: >>> 0orst.e
> :: >>> du
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 2
> :: >>> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:00:00 +0100
> :: >>> From: Andrew Stacey <andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no>
> :: >>> To: Blindmath <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Subject: [Blindmath] A project to advance MathML support in
> browsers
> :: >>> Message-ID: <20131121080000.GA590 at dhcp-020041.wlan.ntnu.no>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Dear all,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I'd like to bring to everyone's attention a project to advance
> :: >>> browser and e-reader support for MathML.  The project
> description
> :: >>> itself is very detailed, and explicitly mentions the issue of
> :: >>> accessibility in the motivation section.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> The person behind this project is Fr?d?ric Wang.  He is one of
> the
> :: >>> people who has worked hard on MathML support in browser
> technology
> :: >>> over the last few years, so is best placed to know what the
> issues
> :: >>> are and what the next stage in development should be.  So if
> anyone
> :: >>> is going to improved matters, he's the best choice.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> He's looking for funding so that he can spend some time
> :: >>> concentrating on MathML development and the website is on a
> :: >>> crowd-funding site where people can contribute.  The actual
> amount
> :: >>> that he is trying to raise is not actually all that much,
> :: >>> particularly given the wide-ranging benefits that could follow
> from
> :: this.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I hope that all of you will consider supporting this project,
> and
> :: >>> that some of you will actually do so.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> The website is: http://www.ulule.com/mathematics-ebooks/
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Andrew Stacey
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Subject: Digest Footer
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> End of Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 12
> :: >>> *****************************************
> :: >>> -------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment
> was
> :: >>> scrubbed...
> :: >>> Name: 3D Gra3.gif
> :: >>> Type: image/gif
> :: >>> Size: 16688 bytes
> :: >>> Desc: not available
> :: >>> URL:
> :: >>>
> <http://nfbnet.org/pipermail/blindmath_nfbnet.org/attachments/201311
> :: >>> 2
> :: >>> 2/61c7b
> :: >>> 44d/attachment-0001.gif>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 2
> :: >>> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 11:05:19 +0000
> :: >>> From: "Lewicki, Maureen" <mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org>
> :: >>> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: >>>    <blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] suggestions for accessible 3d graphing
paper
> :: >>>    giids
> :: >>> Message-ID:
> <618C267D-F570-40CA-8CEC-B0F62E993EA6 at bcsd.neric.org>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I am not familiar with three d graph paper, unless you are
> referring
> :: >>> to the paper from APH? I find my student fare best with the
> graph
> :: >>> board from aph
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Maureen Lewicki
> :: >>> Teacher of the Visually Impaired
> :: >>> Bethlehem Central Schools
> :: >>> 700 Delaware Avenue
> :: >>> Delmar, NY 12054
> :: >>> http://bcsd.k12.ny.us/
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> On Nov 22, 2013, at 5:59 AM, "Mary Woodyard"
> :: >>> <marywoodyard at comcast.net<mailto:marywoodyard at comcast.net>>
wrote:
> :: >>>
> :: >>> My son will be starting a 3d graphing unit that is fairly short
> (2
> :: >>> weeks) in about a week.  He spent some time searching online
> with
> :: >>> his Math tutor for 3d Graphing paper and this is the graph
> paper
> :: >>> that they found that worked the best for his vision from what
> they
> :: >>> were able to find in free 3d graph paper options.  Does anyone
> know
> :: >>> of a more accessible free (or low cost) option?
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Thanks,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Mary Woodyard
> :: >>> Parent, 17 year old visually impaired student
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>>
> blindmath-request at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath-request at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:00 AM
> :: >>> To: blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> Subject: Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 12
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Send Blindmath mailing list submissions to
> :: >>>   blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> :: >>>   http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> :: >>>
blindmath-request at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath-request at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> You can reach the person managing the list at
> :: >>>   blindmath-owner at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath-owner at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> specific
> :: >>> than
> :: >>> "Re: Contents of Blindmath digest..."
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Today's Topics:
> :: >>>
> :: >>>  1. Re: Latex training (John Gardner)  2. A project to advance
> :: >>> MathML support in browsers (Andrew Stacey)
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> :: >>> -
> :: >>> -
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 1
> :: >>> Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 20:21:50 -0800
> :: >>> From: "John Gardner"
> :: >>> <gardnerj at onid.orst.edu<mailto:gardnerj at onid.orst.edu>>
> :: >>> To: "'Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics'"
> :: >>>   <blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath at nfbnet.org>>
> :: >>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>> Message-ID:
> :: >>>
> <00cd01cee671$334eac90$99ec05b0$@orst.edu<mailto:00cd01cee671$334eac
> :: >>> 9
> :: >>> 0$99ec0
> :: >>> 5b0$@orst.edu>>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain;    charset="us-ascii"
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Another suggestion.  There's lots of Latex materials on
> :: >>> www.access2science.com<http://www.access2science.com>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> Godfrey, Jonathan
> :: >>> Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:42 PM
> :: >>> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: >>> Subject: Re: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Hi Paul,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I haven't got access to the net with sufficient time to find
> the
> :: >>> exact link for you but look for the Summery University held in
> :: >>> conjunction with the ICCHP. Sessions were recorded from 2010
onwards.
> :: >>> I'm not sure if the 2013 ones are uploaded yet but the files
> :: >>> mentioned should all be there for reference purposes.
> :: >>> J
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> -----Original Message-----
> :: >>> From: Blindmath [mailto:blindmath-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
> Of
> :: >>> Paul Chapin
> :: >>> Sent: Thursday, 21 November 2013 8:51 a.m.
> :: >>> To: Blind Math list for those interested in mathematics
> :: >>> Subject: [Blindmath] Latex training
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Hi,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I'm looking for suggestions for material, courses, tutorials or
> :: >>> anything else that can be used to teach a student the basics of
> Latex.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Paul Chapin
> :: >>> Academic Technology Specialist
> :: >>> Amherst College
> :: >>> X2144
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Amherst College IT staff will never ask for your password,
> including
> :: >>> by email. Any email asking for any password or username is
> almost
> :: >>> certainly bogus. Never click on a link in an email to a site
> that
> :: >>> requires a login as the link may be bogus. Type in the address
> :: >>> yourself. Please keep your passwords private to protect
> yourself and
> :: >>> the security of our network.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:Blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> :: >
> ::
> :
>
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/a.j.godfrey%40masse
y.
> :: >>> ac.nz<http://ac.nz>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:Blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/john.gardner%
> :: >>> 4
> :: >>> 0orst.e
> :: >>> du
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Message: 2
> :: >>> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:00:00 +0100
> :: >>> From: Andrew Stacey
> :: >>> <andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no<mailto:andrew.stacey at math.ntnu.no>>
> :: >>> To: Blindmath
> <blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:blindmath at nfbnet.org>>
> :: >>> Subject: [Blindmath] A project to advance MathML support in
> browsers
> :: >>> Message-ID:
> :: >>>
<20131121080000.GA590 at dhcp-020041.wlan.ntnu.no<mailto:20131121080000.
> :: >>> GA590 at d
> :: >>> hcp-020041.wlan.ntnu.no>>
> :: >>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Dear all,
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I'd like to bring to everyone's attention a project to advance
> :: >>> browser and e-reader support for MathML.  The project
> description
> :: >>> itself is very detailed, and explicitly mentions the issue of
> :: >>> accessibility in the motivation section.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> The person behind this project is Fr?d?ric Wang.  He is one of
> the
> :: >>> people who has worked hard on MathML support in browser
> technology
> :: >>> over the last few years, so is best placed to know what the
> issues
> :: >>> are and what the next stage in development should be.  So if
> anyone
> :: >>> is going to improved matters, he's the best choice.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> He's looking for funding so that he can spend some time
> :: >>> concentrating on MathML development and the website is on a
> :: >>> crowd-funding site where people can contribute.  The actual
> amount
> :: >>> that he is trying to raise is not actually all that much,
> :: >>> particularly given the wide-ranging benefits that could follow
> from
> :: this.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> I hope that all of you will consider supporting this project,
> and
> :: >>> that some of you will actually do so.
> :: >>>
> :: >>> The website is: http://www.ulule.com/mathematics-ebooks/
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Andrew Stacey
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Subject: Digest Footer
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:Blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> End of Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 12
> :: >>> *****************************************
> :: >>> <3D Gra3.gif>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org<mailto:Blindmath at nfbnet.org>
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/mlewicki%40bc
> :: >>> s
> :: >>> d.neric
> :: >>> .org
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> Subject: Digest Footer
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> ------------------------------
> :: >>>
> :: >>> End of Blindmath Digest, Vol 88, Issue 13
> :: >>> *****************************************
> :: >>>
> :: >>>
> :: >>> _______________________________________________
> :: >>> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >>> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >>> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info
> :: >>> for
> :: >>> Blindmath:
> :: >>>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sabra1023%40g
> :: >>> m
> :: >>> ail.com
> :: >>
> :: >> _______________________________________________
> :: >> Blindmath mailing list
> :: >> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: >> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: >> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account
> info for
> :: >> Blindmath:
> :: >>
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/lacy925%40gmai
> :: >> l
> :: >> .com
> :: >
> :: >
> :: > _______________________________________________
> :: > Blindmath mailing list
> :: > Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> :: > Blindmath:
> :: >
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sonfire11%40gma
> :: > il.com
> :: >
> :: >
> :: > _______________________________________________
> :: > Blindmath mailing list
> :: > Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: > http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: > To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> :: > Blindmath:
> :: >
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/lacy925%40gmail
> :: > .com
> ::
> ::
> :: _______________________________________________
> :: Blindmath mailing list
> :: Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> :: Blindmath:
> ::
> :
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sonfire11%40gma
> il.com
> ::
> ::
> :: _______________________________________________
> :: Blindmath mailing list
> :: Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> :: http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> :: To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> : Blindmath:
> ::
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/i.c.bray%40win.
> net
> :
> :
> : _______________________________________________
> : Blindmath mailing list
> : Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> : http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> : To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> : Blindmath:
> :
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sonfire11%40gma
> il.com
> : BlindMath Gems can be found at
> : <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>
> :
> :
> : _______________________________________________
> : Blindmath mailing list
> : Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> : http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> : To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info
> for
> Blindmath:
> :
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/i.c.bray%40win.
> net
> : BlindMath Gems can be found at
> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Blindmath mailing list
> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> Blindmath:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sonfire11%40gma
> il.com
> BlindMath Gems can be found at
> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Blindmath mailing list
> Blindmath at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
Blindmath:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/sabra1023%40gma
> il.com BlindMath Gems can be found at
> <http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>

_______________________________________________
Blindmath mailing list
Blindmath at nfbnet.org
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/blindmath_nfbnet.org
To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
Blindmath:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindmath_nfbnet.org/susanosterhaus%40ts
bvi.edu
BlindMath Gems can be found at
<http://www.blindscience.org/blindmath-gems-home>



More information about the Blindmath mailing list