[Blindmath] html presentation

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Dec 3 22:50:53 UTC 2013

Not sure why Jaws would jumble the content (may be an FS special
feature). Have you tried it with NVDA to see whether NVDA jumbles the
content?

Could you give more of a clue what you mean by jumbled,is it the content
of one slide is jumbled with itself or does content from different
slides jumble together?

As for the cursor key, you probably will have that issue with most
screen readers. Most have a bypass key to allow the next key press to
pass to the application as normal, I would hope Jaws would have such a
key but you never know. In NVDA it is NVDA+f2. Also could you manually
put Jaws into forms mode and see whether the cursor then leads to moving
between slides?

How does moving between slides actually work?  Does it get the browser
to perform a page navigation or is it just scrolling, or something else?
If it were scrolling then I could imagine you having trouble getting
what a screen reader reads and what is shown on screen to match. This is
one of the things I like about PDF based slides, although there is
obviously limitations to accessibility of certain content in PDF (IE.
maths).

Michael Whapples