[Blindmath] html presentation

Lewicki, Maureen mlewicki at bcsd.neric.org
Wed Dec 4 12:02:46 UTC 2013

Sorry all, are you referring to a presentation we could all benefit from? I am always looking for information about tactile graphics! Thanks!

Maureen Lewicki
Teacher of the Visually Impaired
Bethlehem Central Schools
700 Delaware Avenue
Delmar, NY 12054
http://bcsd.k12.ny.us/

On Dec 3, 2013, at 4:34 PM, "Godfrey, Jonathan" <A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz<mailto:A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz>> wrote:

Hi all,

The presenter of the talk on graphics used html to create his slides.

When I open his talk in Firefox, without JAWS running, I can display the slide show in the same way as the presenter. If JAWS is running though, I can't actually follow the slides at all as the content gets either jumbled, or I can't move onto the next slide using the arrow key which JAWS has hold of.

Anyone got any ideas of what questions I might ask or things I can try to get the slide show reading properly by JAWS?

Btw: His slide show doesn't work in internet explorer 9 at all even without JAWS running.

I like the opportunities html presentations do offer in terms of what gets read by JAWS and what doesn't. I need to be sure that what I am reading is actually being displayed for the audience though.

Jonathan