[Blindmath] thoughts on a PIAF please

Gerald Sacks gerald.e.sacks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 00:22:18 UTC 2013

I use a Brother laser printer (actually, an all-in-one) for creating
swell paper graphics. I feed the American Thermoform paper through
the single-sheet slot. I'd be afraid to even try an expensive
commercial copier due to the possibility of the paper's coating
melting and ruining the machine.

BTW, there's another brand of PIAF-like machines -- TIE (Tactile
Image Enhancer) made by Repro-Tronics Inc. For a short time, they
even made a budget version, the TIE Junior, which they sold for
something like $400. I was lucky enough to pick one up on eBay for a
bargain price.