[Blindmath] Fwd: Evaluating web pages for accessibility

Palma, Jaime J jaimepalma at uta.edu
Mon Feb 11 18:51:03 UTC 2013

The accessibility errors from the Javascript and the Event handler you have on the page. The event handler error comes from the Link of your recently viewed articles on the left part of the page. I tested this with Jaws and it works correctly, no programming or accessibility issues on my end. You have a couple of more event triggers throughout the page such as the explanation links and the download options you have down the page.

Although there is nothing wrong with the code you will get a warning because of the Javascript within the page. The only navigation problems I had were with your top right toolbar that handles add to favorites, add to lens, reuse/edit, download.. etc those were not accessible to me it would jump from add to favorites to your Facebook like button. I don't think this should matter since the content is accessible.

Hope that helps, I couldn't find any problems or issues with

Jaime Palma, M.Ed.
Assistant Director for Testing and Adaptive Technology,
Office for Students With Disabilities
The University of Texas at Arlington
Box 19510, University Hall, Room 102, Arlington, TX 76019-0510
Phone 817-272-3364   Fax 817-272-3515

jaimepalma at uta.edu
http://www.uta.edu/disability
OSD Facebook Page