[Blindmath] SPSS 21 Accessibility

Tim in 't Veld tim at dvlop.nl
Sat Feb 16 06:57:58 UTC 2013

Khalid,
We've discussed SPSS on this list at great length, find those
discussions in the list archives.
The short answer: SPSS claims to be accessible but in practice it is
not. It either doesn't work at all or provides so little accessibility
as not to be useful. Forget about SPSS for now, we've already wasted way
too much time on it and it is about time IBM actually resolved this issue.

An alternative is the statistics program R.
http://r-resources.massey.ac.nz/
Jonathan nicely documents your options (heading "Review of Statistical
Software options") and has a great resource to get you going with R
(heading "LURN for blind R users")
Hope this helps,
Tim