[Blindmath] Bringing notes to an exam

Gabriela Moats gmoats at haverford.edu
Sun Feb 24 00:04:24 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,
A student I work with is taking a Calculus exam where students are allowed
to bring in one double-sided page of notes. We're trying to figure out what
a comparable equivalent to that would be for this blind student. How many
extra pages should he be allowed since Braille tends to take up more space?
Should it be printed out Braille or could it be on his notetaking device?
Does anyone have any experience with providing a similar accommodation?

Thanks everyone!

Gabriela

--
Gabriela Echavarría Moats
Special Assignment Coordinator of Accommodations
gmoats at haverford.edu