[Blindmath] Bringing notes to an exam

Tim in 't Veld tim at dvlop.nl
Sun Feb 24 10:13:08 UTC 2013

Gabriela

Such comparisons are hardly meaningful.
With mathematics there are way too many factors involved to define a
uniform ratio between regular pages and pages of braille. Not only does
braille take up much more space by definition, your student may need
some extra space to enable him to easily browse the notes during the exam.

  I'd not impose a fixed limit.  Of course if the student comes up with
a stack of 100 pages that's going to be questionable but no sensible
student would do that anyway.

The limit is not even that clearly fixed for sighted students - they
could just use a tiny font, write a few formulae on a single line, ...
if they really wanted a large volume of notes. Needless to say such
options are unavailable to a blind student.

Tim