[Blindmath] Integrating SVG with DAISY and MathML

Kiran Kiran at persiontechnologies.com
Thu Feb 28 04:21:59 UTC 2013

Dear pranav,

I have been working on something and came across this mail again. Please correct me if I am wrong as this may be of interest to all working in digital books editing or conversion for S T E M.

My knowledge or assumption is as under

S V G  is accessible in a reader or say browser with screen reader.

In a digital talking book usually the source file needs to be imported into the daisy generator program and most likely to be from a word or HTML file.

We can have an S V G  element in HTML file but not in a doc file.

I have been able to figure out to import an S V G file in a word file and hence we may populate the word file with the shape in the binary format as discussed with you and dynamically add the title and other contents that described the S V G element in the original file to the alt text feature of the shape file in a word document.

This is usually the practice to describe the image if any in a daisy conversion. Please let me know if there is any explanation / understanding by me needed.

Warm regards,

Kiran

DISCLAIMER:-

This e-mail message (including any attachment) is intended only for the personal use of the recipient(s) named above. This message is confidential and may be legally privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message.

Any views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author only. Furthermore, this message (including any attachment) does not create any legally binding rights or obligations whatsoever, which may only be created by the exchange of hard copy documents signed by a duly authorized representative of the company If Official or other wise signed by the Author on Valid Documents.